Commercial Laundry Water Reuse
We continue to see large increases in water prices and sewer surcharges as it becomes more difficult for municipal operators to meet expanding EPA regulations. At the same time, most Federal dollars are drying-up shifting costs back to the municipality and in turn to the end user. Municipal infrastructures are deteriorating at a record pace and cost. It is expected to continue at an even faster pace. The commercial laundry industry is looking for new ways to conserve water and save money. AWPI’s laundry water recycling system reclaims the wash water you’re currently sending down the drain and returns it to the front end of the process.
Our system reduces, not only water and discharge costs, but energy cost. The AWPI recycling system retains 97% of the temperature in the laundry water it reclaims at 85% recovery efficiency.
AWPI system design has achieved the following water quality results in cleaning commercial laundry water for reuse:
- Heterotrophic Plate Count (HPC) < 500 col/mL microbial presence established by the National Drinking Water Standard (NDWS), more typically BDL
- Total Suspended Solids (TSS) < 11 ppm
- Light Transmission (LT) > 93.5%
- Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) 50% to 55% reduction
- Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) 40% to 45% reduction
- pH neutralized to targeted +/- 6.30 range
- Transient dye colors removed
- Odors removed
In addition to helping conserve costly water, our laundry water reuse system cleans and purifies while removing many other unfriendly chemicals and waste products of environmental concern.
The AWPI system can significantly change the cost structure for operating your commercial laundry facility, providing you excellent water for reuse at a lower cost.Call (316) 685-3333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss laundry water recycling opportunities for your operation.
Commercial Laundry Water Reuse Case Study